Posted on 07/29/2012
Media Associate Osborn Barr has a challenging opportunity for a Media Associate to join their St. Louis, MO office. This position works with the Media Manager and, at times, with Account Service, assisting with the development of media that best meets the client’ communication objectives. After determining the role of media in the marketing mix, this position then assists in the plan and buys the appropriate media. Responsibilities
- Works with Media Manager and or under supervision of to determine role of media in the marketplace, assisting in the establishment of media objectives and writing the media plan. Also, assists in negotiations for time and space costs, monitoring of industry trends, media research and analysis.
- Implements or assists with execution of media buy and stewardship (insertion orders, traffic, invoicing, etc.) Interfaces regularly and develops strong working relationships with media sales reps.
- Shares responsibility for stewardship of all assigned accounts’ budgets, including signed media authorizations and post buys reports. Additionally, may handle all aspects of the buy (plan, order, budget, track, post buy reporting) on assigned accounts.
- Responsible for media planning (and related responsibilities) on accounts as determined by supervisor and with direct supervision.
- Assists others on the team and completes special projects as required. Skills
- Two years prior media experience and agency association or corporation to gain technical knowledge of media and gain understanding of media’s role in an integrated agency/marketing environment.
- Fully proficient understanding and implementing the process of media buying procedures. This includes insertion orders, print material instructions, broadcast traffic instruction, monitor media buys, maintenance of media files, invoice approval/process/discrepancy resolution, rate calculation/quotes, competitive tracking.
- Understanding of technical aspects of media research in order to analyze data and present it with credibility.
- Build negotiation skills to maximize opportunities with vendors and clients.
- Build communications and interpersonal skills to interface with many constituencies.
- General knowledge of client businesses and ag to recommend appropriate media.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of an integrated advertising agency.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and specialized media software programs and mapping programs. Since the job description didn’t scare you off, we’ve decided to sweeten the deal. We’ll balance out your job with our fantastic benefits and work/life balance (including matched 401k, paid time off, relaxed dress code and tuition reimbursement). We have a team-focused approach and need an individual who shares the same values. We are sure that having you on our team will help us accomplish our client and agency goals. So, when can we meet again? Osborn & Barr is an Affirmative Action Employer M\F\D\V.07.